Swampscott 2025: The Master Plan is the comprehensive master plan prepared by the Town of Swampscott’s Master Plan Committee with the support of the Metropolitan Area Planning Council under the direction of the Swampscott Master Plan Committee and Director of Community Development.
The master plan includes a strategic framework to guide the future physical and economic development within the Town of Swampscott over the next 10 years. Swampscott 2025: The Master Plan is an action plan for positive change within the community. It provides:
- A town vision based on community input and priorities;
- strategies and actions to improve livability, opportunity, and sustainability;
- a land use plan to guide physical development in town;
- an implementation strategy to effectively achieve plan goals; and
- predictability for residents, businesses, and developers, and elected officials.
Developing a master plan is more than just researching and writing a report. It is an open, public process through which the people of Swampscott decide future priorities to guide growth and development over the next decade. It was also an opportunity through which town residents and business owners, and Town boards and committees talked to each other, listened to each other, and brought their visions for the town into alignment to achieve a set of shared goals.